From:
Jim Overly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 1995 21:40:41 -0500
This is my first post..  and it may sound a little outraged, that's becuase
I am.  For ANYONE that lives in Kansas City, MO. take notice.  The city is
attempting to put a ban on ferrets.  The local news has them listed as
DANGEROUS, WILD animals and they are under the same category as Wolves,
Lions, and Rattlesnakes.  I wish I was making this up, but I am not.  The
city is also planning on banning pot bellie pigs and have them listed as
livestock that must be tagged on the ear and given so many acres per pig (2
acres for 1-5 pigs from what I hear).  If anyone knows who to contact to
help get this stopped and get the proper information to people please e-mail
me or attempt to contact the Kansas City Mo Animal Control or City board.
Recently several of the cities top Vets have addressed the board and have
made a strong plea to take ferrets off the list.

I will try and find their e-mail address and post it on the list server
so we can bombared them with e-mail on the subject.

Thanks for any help in advance, and my two boys Milo and Otis thank you too.