From:
Jim Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 21:39:19 -0500
I bought a rubber duck at a garage sale, the kind the kids used to play
with in the bath tub.  Sure enough one of the girls (Dolly) decided its
hers.  The cute part is that she only moves it to her stash through the
play tube.  Takes her about an hour of poking and pulling with several
breaks to play or get a drink.  Then you will hear her scratching and
scraping along the tube to get to her stash.  The duck will just barely go
in the tube in the first place, but she gets it pulled (or pushed) through
and safely hid before she quits.  I dig it out and put it out for her to
find before playtime starts, just to watch her figure out how to hide it.
Sure enough it can only be properly hid in her stash if she goes through
the tube to get it there.  Sandy (my wife) thinks its to keep the other
ferrets from taking it while she is moving it.  Anyway I thought it was
cute and kind of unusual.