From:
"Brad G. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 00:04:07 -0700
I recently purchased a new little fuzzy addition to our ferret family at a
local pet store, she is from Marshall Farms .

The store clerk said she was only 6 weeks old and I am wondering if she was
old enough to be there.  The poor little sweetie cried non-stop for almost a
week.  She stumbled around as if she were a newborn, she acted as if she had
no clue how to feed herself, and she always wanted to be held.  She had only
been at the store a few hours before we got her.  I am wondering if there is
anyone who can tell me if she was too young to be taken from her mother.  I
have purchased ferrets from this store before and they were all about 3
months old.  they did well, but she was much harder to adjust.

If there is a law or anything restricting the age of these little ones being
sold ,and if she was too young to be taken away from her family, is there
anything I can do to see it stopped?

She is doing great now, but her little cries for help when we first got her
broke my heart!

If anyone has any info about ths....please let me know.

thank you,