From:
Barbara Gustafson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 21:06:33 -0700
With all the recent postings on upcoming events I just had to add another
one to the list.

Here in Alberta, Canada, spring is just around the corner.  Most of the snow
is gone and you can actually see all the dirt, sand, salt, litter and brown
grass that was underneath it all.  Which of course means that we're due for
another big dump of the white stuff.  Big Sigh!!

Well we thought we'd help speed the process up a bit by having a "Spring
Fling Open House".

We'll be celebrating our first anniversary as a non-profit society on May
1st so we thought what better way than by inviting the public to come see
what we've all about.

We'll be showcasing pictures and bio's on all our recent rescues.  As well
as an opportunity to meet some of the wonderful people who've adopted them.
They may even bring their new family members with them.  That plus lots of
ferret information, good company and even a play area for the ferts.

Admission is free though all donations will be gratefully accepted.  Ferrets
are always welcome.

Who:    The Alberta Ferret Society
Where: Rosslyn Community Hall, Edmonton, Alberta
When:  Sunday, April 19th 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Why:    Just because!

This also kicks off our Spring Fund Raising Campaign "Chocolate is good for
the Soul" in which we'll be trying to convince all our friends, family,
business associates and anyone else we can find into buying boxes and boxes
of yummy chocolates

Other upcoming events include:

June 98 - Walkathon (a fund raising event)
July 98 - A Picnic In the Park
Aug 98 - Ferts in Fort Edmonton Park
Sept 98 - 2nd Annual Ferret Frolic (a fund raising event)

For information and any of these events call (403) 447-3337 or e-mail

Barb Gustafson (aka Boots)
Alberta Ferret Society