From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 09:33:20 -0800
From what I remember about Ferrets and Ferrets USA is that they are both
published by Fancy.  And that the Ferrets USA is the annual publication.
The website http://www.animalnetwork.com/critters seems to back me up on
this, so I guess I don't need to go home to double check (I'm at work and
don't have the issues in front of me.  I'd wait until I got home, but my
ferrets have a way of keeping me from my computer.)

I did notice that the articles written in them were done by some of the
people on the FML.  I really have no problem with that.  But, if you read
the magazines carefully, you notice that the editors do not know what they
are talking about, at least part of the time.  I can't remember which issue
it was in, but one of the issues within the last few months made a
statement to this effect in the editor's comments: Ferrets are the fourth
most popular mammal, behind cats, dogs, and birds.  Last time I checked,
birds are not considered to be among mammals.  Also in the same article,
they made mention of the California bill that was shot down.  They were
talking about the bill AB 363, the bill before the current 2 year bill AB
854.  They also mention that San Franciso was trying to become a ferret
sanctuary.  Maybe this part is true, but the only time I have ever heard
anything about that is in the article from yesterday's list.  "In 1998,
the city of San Francisco briefly considered becoming a sanctuary for
illegal ferrets, according to news reports." It seems that the editor's
of Ferrets Magazine are living 2 years into the past.

Granted, I do not have this issue right in front of me, and I could be a
bit mistaken, but I don't think so.  For anyone interested however, e-mail
me and I will give you a copy of this article.
[Moderator's note: Except that you posted anonymously :-(  BIG]

Rowan