From:
Juliana Quadrozzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 1996 17:52:31 -0500
>From:    Alyssa-Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Anyone know how to discipline a bite-and-run fuzzy?
Have you tried the fly-swatter *act of god* method?  Well, you have to be
sitting equipped w/your trusty fly-swatter & ready for the little bugger's
attack.  Swat her when she attacks.  It doesn't hurt them, they don't make
the connection that it came from you, but it sure does get their attention.
No verbal repremand either - just the fact that this *thing* happended
usually corrects the annoying foot attacks in a couple of swats!

>Tom the pharmacist
>I want a 2nd fert as company for Hendrix -Is there somewhere within a 1-2
hour drive from NYC ?

Deborah Jeans' book *A Practical Guide to Ferret Care* lists more than a
dozen ferret connections in NY, 3 of them on LI.  Call Big Apple Ferrets in
NYC (212) 388-8652.  They can probably direct to a good source.  Also,
Parrots of the World (or Parrot ... something like that) on Sunrise Hwy in
Valley Stream is where I got my 1st frit 10 yrs ago.  Their store was mostly
large birds, but it was clean & bright & all the animal seemed well cared
for & healthy.  They might do special order for you.  But please check w/the
rescue groups 1st.  We've had several black-eyed whites turned in to our us.
Email me directly if you need more info.

[Moderator's note: Well, the last time someone looking for a ferret called
Big Apple Ferrets, BAF told this person to call me.  So I'll save you the
trouble: I currently don't know of any local shelter ferrets needing homes.
That pet store is Parrot World, by the way.  They carry Path Valley and sell
*lots* ofthem.  BIG]

>From:  Tanya M Vestal <[log in to unmask]>
>From:  Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>From:  lbarber <[log in to unmask]>
>From:  William Killian - Zen and the Art of Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Child proof locks -  little plastic locks designed to keep kids
out of closets and cupboards

Been there-done that.  My whippetty little girl got right through.  We're
talking about a very ambitious weasel here - she could make it under some
doors.  & besides you break fingernails like crazy w/the kind you mentioned.

The ONLY way we found to secure the door w/out latching it from the outside
was the REV-A-LOCK magnetic locking system by REV-A-SHELF, Inc.  They're
completely invisible & lock flush.  Hubby says he got them from a wood
work/craftsman catalog in MN or WI.  Tanya, I've given the mission of trying
to track them down for you.  In the meantime, I suggest you try lock stores,
wood working/craftsman shops, cabinet makers, large hardware superstores &
local hardware stores,& large baby superstores.  Let your fingers do the
walking...

Juliana Quadrozzi - Georgia Domestic Ferret Association (GDFA)
Frodo, Rocks, Anola Gay, SNAFU, FUBAR, Tabu, Chaos, & Tuxedo - Yup, they
really work - darn