From:
Greeter 421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 23:51:39 -0400
Morning dawned cool and foggy at the Rainbow Bridge. The fog was so
thick, The Receiving Angel did not see the white ferret until he heard
a loud DOOK and the fog lifted like someone pulled a blanket away.
There stood a white ferret, paws on her hips, looking around.

"Hello to you," the little ferret said. "What might you be, you with
the wings?"

The Receiving Angel turned around and looked in the direction the voice
came from.

"Well, Hello to you and welcome to the Rainbow Bridge," he said. "And
who might you be?"

"I be Rosie, and I guess this is where I'm suppose to be. Is this The
Rainbow Bridge? Couldn't see a thing with all the fog."

The Receiving Angel tried not to smile. The big fog bank was scurrying
away from the little ferret.

"You must be Rosie," The Receiving Angel said as he thumbed through his
big book. "Ahh yes, you are one of The Scruff You Gang. They are over
near the great meadow and will be glad you are here."

Rosie just sat down and waited. She thought he would have had her
family here waiting for her.

"Well Miss Rosie," The Receiving Angel started. "Let me see what Oliver
is doing this morning. He helps No. 421 and he knows where the gang is
living."

Bluebird was just waking up and stretching her wings. She had to fix a
feather or two, and she was finally ready to go.

"What took you so long," The Receiving Angel said. "We have Miss Rosie
here and she is not the one to wait. You should have seen the fog bank
boogie out of here when she walked up the bank."

Blue Bird was still waking up. The fog had clouded the sun so there was
really no reason to hop out of bed early.

"I'll go tell Oliver and No. 421 to wake up "The Scruff You Gang" and
you keep Miss Rosie here till I get back.

Oliver and No. 421 had just finished their breakfast when Bluebird flew
up. She tapped on the window and Oliver let her in.

"Oliver, you has to go get the ferrets from The Scruff You Gang. Mz.
Rosie has arrived and she is not happy just hanging around. She wants
her family."

"okay, okay, I'm going. No. 421 will you please pick up dishes while
I'm gone?"

"You run along," he said. "I believe you will have your paws full with
this one."

Oliver scampered off to the great meadow. He hurried over the grass
until he came to a long hut. There were many snores like musical
bagpipes coming from the door.

"Hey everybody, wake up," Oliver called. "Miss Rosie is at The Bridge
and you need to go get her. Rinkydink, Frolic and Pepsi jumped up.

"You mean OUR Rosie is really here. Goodness, this place is a mess. Hey
everyone let the girls clean the inside, we will straighten up outside,
and Blackberry and Moon will go fetch her.

Everyone jumped up and began to clean up the place. Oliver took
Blackberry and Moon and the three began walking back to The Bridge.

"Rosie likes things up to snuff, and they have a lot to do before she
gets there. Maybe we could take the long way home," Moon suggested. The
three ferrets had just come up behind The Receiving Angel and Rosie was
putting her paw print on the page.

"Now the whole gang is here," said The Receiving Angel

"I'll send word to The Boss that the whole family is here and when
Karen comes to send a currier over so you can go back with her." Miss
Rosie gave The Receiving Angel a big smile and thanked him for letting
her Mom know she was at The Bridge with all the gang. She was safe and
would be happy with her family. She thanked Oliver and gave him a hug
and the three ferrets trotted off down the path. Oliver was thinking
she sure was a cutie. Maybe he should stop over next week just to make
sure she was settling in okay.

The Receiving Angel closed his book for the lunch hour and hid the
smile on his face behind his wing. Miss Rosie would have him all
straightened up in no time at all.

"Oh Oliver, if you run into the Fog Bank, ask him about Miss Rosie and
tell him she is with family and things are going to be just fine."