From:
Lori Slayton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 1998 15:58:02 EDT
I am a first time ferret owner.  I have had my two ferrets (Willy (3 yr)and
Mandy(1yr)) for about nine months.  Willy started losing his hair on his
butt and moving up his spine.  I figured it was Adrenal from all the books
I have read.  I took him to the vet who did blood tests, but they were
inconclusive.  He has suggested exploratory surgery.  My problems is that
the vet has told me that he has only seen three ferrets, has never seen
Adrenal Disease and has never done this particular surgery.  I would like
to take Willy to a vet who has ferret experience, not only for a second
opinion, but to perform the surgery as well.

How do I go about finding a vet in Atlanta who has this experience without
calling every vet in the area?

Lori