From:
Michelle Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 16:49:05 PDT
Hi everyone.  I am a new ferret owner.  I have a black sable, Buddy and a
shetland wannabe, Frankie.  Buddy is 12 weeks old and Frankie is under a
year old (not exactly sure about his age, adopted from the wonderful Georgia
Domestic Ferret Association)

On to what I'm writting for.  I've read two post about wet ferret food.  I
can tell you that my little Buddy LOVES it.  He only gets it twice a week
mixed with his hard food in a seperate dish.  I usually buy it at Pet Smart
for about $1.50 a can.  It comes in a 6 oz.  can, the same size as cat food.
The brand I buy is 8 in 1 Ferret Diet with Ferretone Ultra-Blend.  I have
found chicken, beef, and fish.  I've never fed my little fuzzies fish.  I've
always heard it makes their poo smell really bad.  Buddy's favorite seems to
be chicken.  I don't feed them this exclusively because the crude protein is
10%, crude fat is 7%, and crude fiber is 1%.  I have also found it at a
local pet supply center.  The first post stated that he found this on the
east coast.  I live in South Carolina so I don't know who else would carry
it.  I would recommend asking your local Pet Smart about ordering it, or if
you don't have one, ask the manager where you buy your regular food.

Hope I have been able to help a little bit.
I will pray for every one with a sick fuzzy.

Michelle from
The House of Humor