From:
Ada Gibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 2004 19:28:43 -0400
Hello,
It is with much sadness that I must write to say that Smokey the bear
passed away this afternoon!!

He was a beautiful sable big boy with big paws, Smokey love to give me
kisses on the Ankles.  I only had him for one year and he would always
come near my feet if the other ferrets try to pick on him, he would look
up at me and say:
Mom save me!!

Smokey was 4 years old and had cancer.

I just had a strange feeling he was going to choose today to leave me,
when I pick him up this morning he wrapped his 2 front paws around my
left thumb for some reason, I told him if he needed to go it would be
ok!!

Smokey had a good life with me and his other cage mates, Smokey was
loved dearly and Smokey love me too.

Signed: Mom(Ada) and Smokey the bear