From:
Deb Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2002 18:59:36 EDT
I usually sit on the side lines and keep to myself but I'm having trouble
over the most recent loss.  Sparky was a foster kid that didn't get the
care he needed when he needed it most because some well meaning people
didn't think about the ferrets only them self's  He went a year without
the meds he needed because his Mom and dad split up and dad did his best
but just didn't know or maybe care if he was tested for Insulinoma.  His
Mom and dad divorce was over with in January and he didn't want them any
more no more leverage against his Mom and his Mom couldn't have them at
her apartment so she asked if I could take them in until they could go to
her.  We got them proper medical care two of the three tested with low
blood sugar the third is adrenial.  Sparky's blood sugar was 54.  He made
it 3 months on the meds but try as I might he had his bad and good days

Yesterday morning he was cold to the touch when I took him out of his cage
still alive but in a coma I have a wonderful boss and he lets me bring the
kids when sick so I wraped him up and took him to work with me at 8:30 am
May 15th the sun broke thru the clouds and my Sparky left his mortal body
behind for the bridge.  I think he just needed a little light to shine
the path.

Sandee tell him how much his Mom and I (the Other Mom) miss him she's had
a couple of kids go before that will meet him and I have a couple at the
bridge too.  I add an apple to my duck soup(2 to a 20 quart bucket) and he
didn't like Red delicious it had to be golden delicious.  The tuffest part
is how can anyone miss filling a soup dish but I have one less to fill
tonight and it hurts to see it empty.  I think one of the reasons I had
to share this with you is I was one of the moms my ferrets sent a card to
I got it in the mail today(must have taken them a day or two to get the
mail box you know our ferrets they had to hide it first) and I have to
say it made my day a little brighter.  Thank you to the all the angels in
our life's that make the road so full of pot holes.  And please people I
understand when you can't take a relationship any more but don't us our
fur kids a leverage against each other not fair to them.

Sparky's Other Mom
DEB and the bakers Dozen with many fosters kids living amongst us