From:
lisette lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 16:22:58 -0500
As I am typing this, I am watching my youngest knock everything on the
kitchen table to the floor.  Now he is dragging things away.  None of my
others can get up there.  This sweet chubby silky cuddly kissable makes the
saying "curiosity killed the cat" a joke:.  But curiosity killed the ferret
a very real danger.  Anyway, I was out walking with one of my ferts today,
and this woman came up to me just to show me that scrunched up ugly face
women make when they want to look disgusted.  And she had to say,"What is
that?' as though I was holding twenty pounds of dripping snot.

I have been at the vet with a sick baby.  I probably slept little, am
deeply worried.  And there sits a woman with her big dog who feels
compelled to ask me, with her face twisted and sneering "What's that?  It
looks like a rat.  Dont put that near me."  NEVER have I had a man act like
that.  The lack of manners, that rudeness: that insensitivity?  {Mind you,
only about 10 percent of women behaved that way] But there is a difference
between the sexes concerning ferrets that Ive seen in my personal
experiences.  Yesterday I wrote of Men from Mars.  I didnt want to be
unfair to men.  In fact I adore males.  All but one of my ferrets is male.

Lisette

{Pssssst--This is Baby.  What mom is not telling you is that I get so upset
when another female is brought home that is sick and old, that she has
promised me she will never do it again as long as I live.  ..}