From:
Susan Rainey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2007 07:21:44 -0800
Lisa, your idea for donations toward adoptions fees is music to my
desperate ears. Over the past 1 1/2 years, I've had to say good-bye to
4 of my original five babies, leaving me with one lonely little 3 yr.
old girl. The vet has utterly drained me and I'm sure I've personally
purchased some of her state-of-the-art equipment. I'm not complaining -
it will be put to very good use, I'm sure.

What it does effect is my ability to get Emmy company so she won't be
lonely or end up grieving herself away. I would dearly LOVE to adopt a
couple DMK ferrets, thereby accomplishing at least two goals - company
for Emmy and a good, loving forever home to a couple of ferrets that
have never known one. My ultimate goal is to get my business back up
to five (my limit), but one step at a time.

Donations toward adoptions fees would be the answer to my prayers and
fondest wish. If I had it, I would pay it in a heartbeat; and, sometime
in the future I'm sure I will be able to do so in a donation of my own.
But, for now, if I did so, it would leave me very little with which to
take care of ferrets; and they have to come first. I am disabled and on
a fixed income and live with and share expenses with my son, so money
is budgeted carefully, with the ferrets having their own money set
aside. I am even unable to purchase gifts for family members, even
grandkids, and they understand and are well taken care of, thankfully.
Fortunately, next year is already looking better financially and Emmy,
being the youngest of my once business, is a healthy, happy, active
ferret.

If this comes to pass and actually works and I am able to get a couple
of these very deserving ferrets, that would be the best Christmas
present ever. Thank you Lisa and Lori for everything you do. And thank
you in advance to the kind souls that open their hearts and purses in
order for these ferrets to get their Christmas.