From:
Sue Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 23:05:35 EDT
To all of you who responded to me THANK YOU VERY MUCH.  I took Gidget to
the vet tonight after work.  She had lost weight...gone from 2 pounds to
1 1/2 pounds.  He checked her out.  Temp was normal.  Did a CBC and Chem
panel....don't know the results yet tho.  He gave her amoxicillin and
flagyl..altho the dose of amoxicillin was double the size for her body
weight.  As I said.,..my vet is ferret ignorant and I need to find a new
one.  I took a couple letters from my responses as well as a couple of
things from the FAQ.  I think without these I would not have come away
with the medicine.  We are thinking she has a stomach ulcer.  He stuck my
poor baby 10 times to get 2 samples of blood.  (I wanted her tested for
insulinoma just in case).  Tonight she is snuggled in her sleepy sack,
won't come out to play and if I take her out just lays in my arms.  My
other 4 ferrets have been guarding her and actually appears to be sharing
their body heat with her to keep her warm.  I still have the feeling deep
down inside of myself that I am going to lose her.  I hope I am wrong
but... I will keep you all posted but she is a sick little girl.

Thanks,
Sue and the 5 carpet sharks
expecially Gidget