Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 1995 20:47:59 -0400
Hi everyone - Thank you for all the suggestions/support regarding my
allergies/asthma to by ferrets, Carmen and Cosmo.  My babies are staying
with a friend for now and that seems to be helping.  I am taking them home
for my winter break though, and I have run into a problem.  I am flying
Delta from Newburgh, NY to Cincinnatti and then Comair (commuter of Delta)
from there to Omaha.  Delta is the ONLY airline that flies out of Newburgh
that allows ferrets (argh!), so that's my only choice.  Comair does not
allow any pets in the cabin because of the size of the plane, so my babies
will have to be with the luggage, which I can handle.  But, Comair will not
transport any animals when it is below 45 degrees.  Seeing as how I am
traveling on Dec.  16 in the morning, I think the chances are pretty good
that this will be the case.  I don't know what to do.  My plan as of now is
to take them in the cabin on Delta and check them in Ohio, and pray that
they don't remember that they have that rule (I think the chances of that
are actually pretty good because everytime I call any airline about anything
regarding ferrets, I get 1000 different stories).  So, any suggestions?  I
NEED to take them home with me, but I would die if for some reason that
wouldn't let them on the plane in Ohio.  I would appreciate any and all
suggestions.  I hope everyone and their fuzzies are well!

Jessica