From:
Barry Curran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 1996 20:58:53 -0400
I am forwarding this on behalf of Laurie Crocker in hopes of finding a home
for her children.

 Date:   96-08-05 12:33:26 EDT
 From:   [log in to unmask] (Laurie Crocker)
 To:     [log in to unmask] (holgoltly)

I noticed your post in the special advertising list published last week, and
wondered if I could ask a big favor of a fellow Massachusetts ferret owner.
I am unable to subscribe to the ferret-l because I access e-mail through
work -- would you mind posting the following message to the list for me??
It's a sad thing to have to post about, unfortunately.  Although I love my
two fuzzies very much, they're not getting the care they deserve.  Thanks
for your help --

Laurie Crocker
w/ little Sam and Jose
N. Andover Mass.

I am writing, unfortunately, in hopes of finding new homes for my two
wonderful fuzzies, Sam and Jose.  Both have been central to my life since I
first brought them home, but a combination of factors is making it difficult
for me to care for them properly.  We recently added a dog to our family,
and raising him is taking up an incredible amount of our time and energy.
Although he tries to be gentle with the ferrets, he's a large-breed dog that
runs the risk of crushing them by stepping on them or (gasp!) sitting on
them.  As he gets bigger, he's starting to play rougher, and the ferrets are
a little stressed out from it.

Additionally, we moved into a brand-new home last year.  Between trying to
protect the fuzzies from the dog and trying to protect our house plants and
carpet from the fuzzies, the little guys are spending much more time in
their cage than they should be.  I knew long ago they deserve better, but
didn't want to let go.  I'm not the type of person to simply give up a pet
on a whim, but neither am I the type of person to keep pets as a
"convenience."

Here's the story on these two little monsters: Jose and Sam both had
birthdays in April -- Jose is 4 and Sam is 3.  Both are MF ferrets purchased
in pet stores, one in New York and one in Maine.  Both were neutered and
descented as
kits.

Jose, a lean sable, is a classic gentle Ben.  He's extremely tolerant,
sweet, and very calm.  His favorite game is "chase the toes," and he knows
not to nip too hard.  Sam is the Harley-Davidson of ferrets --
rough-and-tumble, adventurous, wild.  He's a pudgy cinnamon with a fearless
nature -- unless he spots a vaccuum cleaner.  Sam's our climber, jumper,
attacker (he runs kamikaze missions onto the breakfast table to get
AppleJacks) and also, paradoxically, our cuddliest.  Jose is 100% reliably
shoulder-trained (Sam jumps off) and both roll over for treats.

Both are healthy and up-to-date on vaccinations (at their annual checkup two
weeks ago, the vet remarked that they were the calmest and most tolerant
ferrets he'd seen). We couldn't be prouder of these two or love them more.

It's important that these guys go into a home where there are experienced
ferret owners who really love fuzzies and have lots of time for them.  Other
ferrets would be a big plus -- these two get along with everybody.  I will
consider splitting them up, as long as there are other ferrets in the home
for them to bond and play with.  The ferrets, their roomy three-story cage,
and their toys and accessories are free to the right family.

Please e-mail me at [log in to unmask] if you are interested. Thank you,

Laurie Crocker
N. Andover, Mass.