From:
Mustang Charlie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:03:19 -0800
Tomorrow, January 14 is Garret's birthday.  He will be 10 years old!

Garret has been through a full 10 years of life.  He had his right adrenal
gland excised 3 years ago and now has a left afflicted.  He is too old to
consider surgery.  So far, the very expensive Lupron shot has not helped
get his fur back, (He is a naked ferret for most of his back!) but has
regained a good deal of energy, although sleeping is a favorite pastime.
He no longer wrestles with the other two but they pretty well respect is
desire to be left out of the rough and tumble play.

Garret still comes running for a treat, and does his best to sit up and beg
when asked to, but his balance and rear end strength are not what it used
to be so he struggles.  He will not refuse a helping finger support for his
front paws!.

We were going to make him a TF cake and put a candle on top but he would
just try and stash the candle for later inspection.

His gift tomorrow will be to go with Dad all day..he does love to travel
so he will accompany me on all my rounds.  The weather here is slightly
cool..in the 40's during the day so staying in the car will not be a
problem when I go in on a service call.

Garret is my resident oldest living ferret.  He now makes 3 of 3 to make
it to 10 years of age, following Bubba and Billy-Bob.  Garret is a cuddle
ferret...he has always been very content to ride in my shirt with his head
poked out.  When I watch TV, he is right there, asleep on my ample belly!

I am so fortunate to have been blessed by these wonderful creatures.  Not
one has ever let me down in any way.  They continually give and give and
give.  (Well, they take a bit too!  Heh...socks, tv remotes, keys, cell
phones, whole potatoes..you know, all the usual stuff!) I can't imagine
life without my companions.  (My wife swears I love them more than her!)

Happy Birthday Garret!  (Yes yes...you can have an extra Honey Nut
Cheerio!)

MC, The Rude One
(With Snorkle and Tuzigoot getting ready to enjoy the celebration
tomorrow!  I am sure Bubba and Billy-Bob are planning their own
celebration wherever they are!)