From:
Michele Fitzgerald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 23:30:09 -0400
Dooks and toe nibbles to all

So no wonder I can't find the MF issue....hmmph, I never have twenty bucks
lying around but four bucks is so much easier to come by...guess I'll have
to save up some dough and subscribe now....

I've been busy the last few days and have found lots of great info in the
last few issues of the FML.  Thanks BIG for deciding to wind down off the
magazine topic, I think everyone's said just about what they've needed to
say, I jsut hope nobody loses their shirts over the fallout if Petco does
pull it permanently.  Does anyone really know if it's just that issue or is
Petco not going to carry the mag at all now?  That would be sad...for all
of us, but mostly for the couple who have put their life's blood into
trying to make a magazine as fun as our ferrets deserve.

I have used homeopathic remedies with my horses for years now, but have
never tried them on my ferrets, they do have their benefits but I worry
about the amounts to give with a ferret because they are so small.  I think
the best thing that has happened is better nutrition in general for our
little ones, because all homeopathic remedies are nutritional adjuncts
anyway, but many DO have side effects, and overdosing is a major problem
when you only weigh 2-3 lbs.  But it's good to see some research being done
with some of these remedies, just remember it IS research and be careful
what you use, and always consult a knowledgable vet before trying something
new.

My Figgy recently had bilateral anal sacculectomy, two masses were removed,
and it's amazing now how, even though they weren't cancerous, how much more
energy she has now.  All she did was scoot and scratch before, so I guess
that wore her down a bit.  Has anyone had a ferret with cancerous anal
gland tumors?  I didn't have them biopsied as the vet didn't think it was
necessary since it was localized, but just wondering if they could have
been cancerous.

Michele & the 7 (well,6 for now) fuzzbutts (and 1 naked one!)