From:
Bfox1083 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 22:09:27 EST
Everyone
I hope that this is just a phase that young ferrets go throught but I just
got a sable male that is only 10 weeks old and everytime I try to play with
him he startes to nip me then it turns into biting and once I started to
bleed.  So everytime he nipps me I sharply say " NO!!!" but he just ignors
me and does it anyways.  Then I used my fore finger and lightly boped him on
the nose he keeps it up.  Then I put him down and he starts danceing and
making this short funny racoon noise and chases my hands and bites them as
hard as he can.  I even tryed putting bitter apple all over my hands but
thad does not sceme to do a thing.  I think he is just playing (verry rought
to much for me) and I hope he is not angry.  To the best of my knolwege he
has not been mistreated in his past and he was treated kindly.  I herd
somewear that a unaltered ferret expessaly males can be a bit agressive.
However he has been fixed and desented.  I am at a loss can someone tell me
that this is just a phase and/pr he is just playing and I can correct this
problem thanks a bunch.

Christopher and Unnamed

P.S. you will notice I refered to him as "him" or "Unnamed" this is because
I have not gave him a name yet I would like some sudgestions.

Christopher & Unnamed