From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 08:31:29 +0800
We are a small shelter, averaging about half a dozen residents at a time.
So when our numbers swelled to 12, we decided it was time to put an add in
the paper: "Ferrets.  Fuzzy love for the holidays..."

We moved all the readily adoptables to my house, since Bev would be away for
the weekend.  Joy complained about all the litter boxes to clean, and
Richard was starting to tap his foot impatiently.

Well Saturday, 7 ferrets went to new homes.  Interestingly, only one was
from the newspaper ad.  (One came from the internet, one from my office, and
one saw our card at the vet's office.) Twice we had 2 sets of adopters in
the house at once, family size ranging from 2 to 4.  The phone kept ringing

Within 3 hours it was over.  The house was empty except for my own sweet
Belle and Caruso.  I stared at the empty cages blankly.

To those who run large shelters where this would be a normal occurrence, my
hat's off to you!

And if anyone wants to make a clean sweep of it, Bev has two still somewhat
skittish girls at her place.  Check our web page for details!

Linda Iroff
North Coast Ferret Shelter
Serving Northeast Ohio
http://www.oberlin.edu/~liroff/ncfs.html