From:
"Ferrets First Shelter, TX" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 1997 20:27:12 -0400
In a recent issue someone wrote:
>About moving litterboxes around, Walmart and Dollar stores sell rubber
>webbing for shelf liners in a small roll and you can glue a piece under the
>box so it doesn't slide easily.

Just a word of warning, that stuff has a rubbery feel and tears easily.  I
am certain the ferrets would attack, shred, and eat the stuff in a very
short time.  Ingestion of this material could likely lead to blockage and an
expensive surgery, or worse!  Please don't use this stuff anywhere near your
ferrets!  (BTW, I'd considered using a similar product to keep rugs in
place, but once I touched it, and realized how "rubbery" it felt, I
dismissed the thought entirely.  It is simply not worth risking a ferret's
life.)

One suggestion for anchoring litter boxes is to clip them to the sides of
the cage with clothespins.  Another suggestion is to use two boxes.  Put
keyrings through the side of one box (I use one at each end of the longer
side, near the lip of the box), push the keyring through the wire, then clip
the keyring with a clothespin.  Fill the second box with litter and drop it
in the box that is secured to the side.  For cleaning, the box with the
litter in it, pops out very easily.  The first box stays put!

Kisses to the fuzzies!

Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter