From:
Carla Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 21:25:51 -0500
Greetings!
Back when I only had the two boys, I used to keep their treats, vitamins,
etc. on top of a table (too high to jump, no way to climb . . . .) until one
day, I checked on them and found everything on the floor, and two fuzzy
rears poking out of the cookie boxes!  The cardboard toy box was upside down
next to the table, and I thought "Real opportunists, here; take advantage of
an accidental situation . . ." Except it happened the next day, and the
next, until I got smart (!) and got rid of the box.  To replace the box, I
gave them an old, floppy plastic laundry basket.  Turlough and Litje both
found they could not jump from the upside down basket, as it would collapse
under them.  Problem solved . . .  until Gaoth, my first female, moved in.
One afternoon I peeked in to find the same old mess, and the laundry basket
near the table.  I cleaned up the mess, took the cookies from some indignant
woozles, and put the toys back in the basket.  A few minutes after I left
the room, I heard a crash and went to peek around the door . . .   Litje
and Turlough had upended the basket, and Turlough was in the process of
dragging it to the table.  Then, I swear, he put paw to mouth and gave a
whistle, and Gaoth (all 1.5 lbs of her) gave a graceful leap from the floor,
bounced off the basket without denting it at all, and leaped to the table
top.  She proceeded to shoulder everything she could off the table, then
rejoined the boys on the floor to enjoy the spoils of cooperation . . .
I now keep the treats in a drawer, and the table is in another room.

- Carla & the Woozlemaniacs
Litje - aka Badger, Funnyface, the Philosopher ("Don't get mad, get even ...
AFTER the nap.")
Turlough - aka the Little Bear, Hoss Cartwoozle ("aren't you supposed to
think with your                 stomach?")
Gaoth - pron. "Gwee" to rhyme with "wheeeee!" , means "the wind" in Irish
('nuff said)
and now Quidni - ("why not?" in Latin) the Wild Thing ("I missed out on all
that fun. . . ")