From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2007 20:26:19 -0400
We received a call here from SPCA MA tonight - they will be relaying a
ferret up to us on Wednesday. Perhaps that will be her name. She is a
young female they figure 8 mos... who was so starved she was almost
euthanized upon arrival. No ear Tattoos an she originated from the same
MA pet shop that Destiny did.

No ear tattoos just like Destiny.. and an attitude... they cannot
handle her without gloving up and wrapping her in a towel.. OH BOY!

She has gained weight and things are going through- they now feel her
issues were extreme neglect & starvation -- a not real promising case--
perhaps the worst I have seen but indeed I will be sharing Barn-y's
remedies with this gal!!!!

I am going to bring her on board and giver her the Ferret Wise best
to get her social -- and if necessary find her hospice placement.

In other news I have been busy working with Barn-y and Destiny and
they are making good headway. Barn-y is eating and now prefers Totally
Ferret with turkey!! Yahoo! He also is eating good servings of my
shelter soup.... Destiny has gained remarkable weight- and is doing a
LOT better in the behavior department. She actually likes to be picked
up for short times. I will take a new picture of her this evening so
any one who would like to see her just email a request!

I have also been working with our family in NH that lost their home to
floods last May-- for those of you who remember the NH flood ferrets.
The family is still waiting for their home. The two ferrets arrived at
our Manchester hospice home on Thanksgiving and have reside3d there
through the winter. One of the boys passed away in Feb ( Bling) despite
the lupron & melatonin.

The remaining elderly ferret ( Rascal) has made friends with Kirll at
the hospice and we have conferred and feel he should remain there for
the rest of his days... but the family is expected to have their home
-- if the angels prevail at the end of the month. National Guard & Army
Corp. of engineers will be working the entire Mothers Day weekend to
build the house.

SO Shelter Dad & I will be supplying cookies & chocolate cake for the
volunteers while a local church will be serving lunches etc. Anyone
who wants to add to the desserts please have them here on that Friday
AM for the drive to Manchester NH.

The floor in young Josh's bedroom will be linoleum for easy clean --
so, once they are settled he can have ferrets again. He will indeed
have a group of 3 ferret wise friends to adopt and Destiny will be one!

I will be sure to let everyone know how things are going as the days
progress.. meanwhile I am keeping quite busy. A big Thank You to
Florence Love who made & donated cage mats for the New Englander cage
that will travel over to the new home! I am sure Destiny and her pals
will be ecstatic!

Well got to clean and set up a new cage--- just when the shelter was
feeling comfortable! :)

Alicia for the many faces at ferret wise shelter
www.ferretwise.org