From:
John Rosloot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 16:59:52 -0600
I just stumbled on the following web page:

http://www.win.net/~monster/ferrets/ferrets.html

which describes how about a dozen armed police broke into a ferret owner's
home in California, forced him to the floor at gunpoint, confiscated his
ferrets and arrested him.  Does anyone know if this story is true?  It seems
outrageous!

On a less radical note, I wanted to ask about some odd behavior from Cassie
lately.  She has always been excellent with litter training.  Even in a
strange room, if it wasn't too big, I could usually put some newspaper in
one corner and she would use it.  Lately though her training has been
slipping in rooms she isn't in most of the time.  And this morning I found
she had pooped beside the litter pan in her familiar kitchen.  I'm a little
paranoid since I lost Bud over Christmas, and was wondering if there could
be any *medical* reason for this change.  She seems fine otherwise, playful,
energetic, affectionate, eating and eliminating normally (just not always in
the right spot :).  Hmm, except she also has been squirming when held
sometimes; she used to be good about holding still.  The only thing I can
think of is it's some sort of reaction to Bud passing away.  They were
always very close, but since he passed I haven't seen any behavior that
might be taken for grief, unless this counts.  Then again, maybe she's just
trying to make up for Bud's absence by pooping on the floor like he always
used to :).

If anyone has any ideas about this behavior change, please let me know.
--
John Rosloot, Caregiver to Cassidy and Sammy
With loving memories of my dear departed Buddy