From:
"Christine Herman-- Ms. Ferret Lover" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 10:27:50 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:
>You sound just like me.  I have done the same thing.  I couldn't leave the
>poor ferrets in the store in that condition.  Another idea might be to
>post again on the FML and let us know who the pet store is.  It's not
>considered slander if it's true.  We can all bug the head corporation of
>the store.  I have done that in the past with some success.  There's
>strength in numbers.  Also, consider contacting your local humane
>association.  Good luck.

well here it goes and i hope that the "you know what "doesnt hit the fan--

regarding my post of a few days ago where i said i bought all the ferrets
when i saw they were continualy without food and water and chronically
infesteted with ear mites- and the pet store had a habit of selling live
animals to little kids ( only to have them end up with me when mom said
"get that thing outta here"--it is petland discounts-- a big chain, at
least here in the east..

it is really the quality of workers they hire- unskilled,underpaid-- and
excuse me-- morons!--who just dont care- i mean how can you sit there at
the cash register with your burgers and frys talking on the phone with
your friends - when the animals in the store have nothing in the cage to
eat or drink?

i have contacted petland headquarters and they say they give their
employees protocol on how to care for the animals- but who follows
protocal if they are morons!

peace,christine