From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 19:25:17 -0500
Dr. Bruce Williams writes:
>Ruth, I have found an injectable form of Enalapril called Enalaprilat -
is this what you are referring to?  I haven't found an oral suspension,
>and my experience with using injectables orally is that they taste AWFUL!

Sure is.  But if you mix it with a liver flavored suspension (or
tutti-frutti, actually) at a one to one ratio, my guys seem to take it
pretty easily.  And the manufacturer says the suspension will be stable
once mixed with the flavoring for up to sixty days.  Of course, that was
my old rep.  The new one doesn't seem to be willing to say anything about
compounding at all.

Dr. Ruth
Save lives - spay or neuter your pet.

[Sukie note: among the many FHL posts are ones on finding and getting
help from compounding pharmacists when one is needed.  There also are
pharmacists on the list.]