From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 12:15:47 -0500
Right now Meltdown is stable again.  Why and how, I don't know, but we're
grateful for a bit of extra time.  After her furosemide daily pattern
changed from 0.1, 0.05.  0.1 to 0.1, 0.1, 0.1, to 0.15, 0.15, 0.15, to 0.2,
0.2, 0.2 (sometimes we had to add an extra 0.05 ml after a dose when it
would not hold her) in less than 24 hours, and she kept going from looking
normal for a ferret with stage four cardiomyopathy to multiple sudden
blow-ups and breathing problems there was no way I expected her craashing to
stop for a while.  Now, we just have to be happy for what time we stillhave.

The place will NOT be clean for our Thanksgiving guests, and there will be
less food, more of it brought in, and the only fancy stuff will done when
Steve can watch her or with the things I was able to pre-prepare and freeze
in earlier days (and the corn relish).  Itf they want to complain you know
dang well where they can go.  Shopping trips will be done as MANY fast,
short excursions (I can't drive and Steve doesn't know what some of the
stuff needs to be or where it is so some will have to be together, plus
he'll need to check in anyway in case she blows up again.) Meltdown is more
important.

It's easier now that Steve is home so we can both hug her and we can divide
the duties.

She's such a sweet heart.  With the very high dose she is getting so thirsty
that she actually drank THREE OUNCES of water last night from my bed-side
glass!  Her abdomen seems to have stretched to better accommodate the extra
fluid which won't leave so although she is a bit sloshy she is not in the
discomfort that this amount of fluid caused her earier.  Her weight is FAR
higher than it had been simply from retained fluid pooled inher abdomen.
HER LUNGS ARE CLEAR RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank goodness.  We hope
they stay that way now.

Sukie