From:
"Michelle Z. Matta" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 1995 10:03:28 -0500
Hi everyone.  Just wanted to share a funny story (funny after the initial
shock that is - at least it was for me!  :) )

I was getting ready for work the other morning.  The ferrets were running
around the apartment as usual when I happened to notice my albino, Snowball,
fly by me.  It wasn't her white fur that caught my attention, it was the
duct tape that was stuck to her entire left side.  It went from her neck all
the way down to her tail.  I picked her up thinking it was just caught on
her fur.  No deal.  She must have rolled around on it because it was FIRMLY
attached to her body - not just her fur, but her skin as well.  Well panick
set in.  I had no idea how to get this off of her.  I ran into the bedroom
with her and showed my husband.  I asked him what to do?????  He wasn't sure
himself, so he said to give it a good yank!  No way I told him.  It was
stuck to her skin, so it would have caused much damage if it were pulled off
like that.  Ok, so we went to Plan B.  Run her body under water.

Now would be a good time to say that duct tape is totally water-proof,
for those who weren't aware of this.

All the water did was make a wet ferret.

This was obviously uncomfortable for Snowball, so as a last resort, while
Kenny held her, I gently tugged at the duct tape until it gave me enough
room to slip the scissors in to cut the tape off.  Her entire left side of
her body has this "shaved" look to it now.  Cute, in a pathetic kind of way.

Never a dull moment, huh?

Mish