Date:
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 20:12:31 -0900
>I just gave him a bath last night and he insisted on putting his head under
>the water.  At first I laughed, but he kept doing it.  I was wondering if
>this could hurt him or if ferrets know to hold their breath when they go
>under water.

my carpet shark Sasha loves to put her head under the water and blow bubbles
out her nose.  As long as you don't use a shampoo with chemicals then they
should be ok.  One time she did get water in her ears (she started freaking
out and shaking her head) I just used a drop of rubbing alcohol and she was
fine.  She loves it when I fill a dish with water (a deep hospital or new
litter pan pan work best) and put her toys in the bottom she becomes Sasha
Cousteau and goes deep sea diving to rescue her toys.  The other ferret has
no interest what so ever in getting wet she usually just peers into the pan
with a concerned look on her little ferret face while her sister goes
fishing.  As far as I know it is pretty unusual for Ferrets to actually
"like" to get wet, bit it is very entertaining to watch when one does.