From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 18:05:55 EDT
Hi, It's Chere McCoy here from the Ferret Friends of Indian River County
and Ferret Friends Disaster Response.

Today's activities.

Awaiting ferrets to come in from Vero Humane Society - won't know until
we find out what that dog gone Jeanne is going to do.

Received a very nice (but dirty) cage today.  Am cleaning like mad.
The fuzzy ones can't figure out what is going one as I am trying to get
everyone back to their normal play and cage cleaning routine (Mom why
did you wake me up, Mom why am I going back in the cage -- it's not time
yet).  They have all been running in the shower hoping to get wet and
play -- absolutely not -- you've been there, done that, you don't have
the T-shirt.

Larry is better today, still flew two flight with our student and will be
flying a night flight tonight - I worry about him, he worries about the
business!  It is a stressful situation for me.

Talked to some of the people we owe money to (business wise) and they
were very understanding extended us till October - hope the students we
had coming in will still come?

Went to the grocery store (this is a daily thing at this time) got dinner
and breakfast stuff.

Going to vet tomorrow to get Heartworm preventative.

A very nice lady is sending us Rescue Remedy both liquid and creme --
got a message from her today.

HSUS Southeastern coordinator will be checking soon on the Ferret and
Dove people -- if they need anything we will be notified and I will
notify you plus get stuff together to send to them.

Got a letter from the Insurance company (on our home) telling us what
was NOT COVERED.  Now we have to read the policy again and compare to
our letter.  4 days and counting till they arrive to assess damage.

People in hurricane prone areas make SURE you are covered for Hurricanes.
There is something called a Hurricane deductible!  Also if you don't do
something (like cover your leaking roof) and a bad storm comes they are
not responsible.  Gosh, what happens when you don't have the money to try
and protect what is recked?  Are all insurance companies insane or just
Greedy!  With the same insurance company since 1987 and we never had a
claim I hope they will take that into account!

We are doing O.K.  only because of the donations you have sent.  You can
still donate cause we need it; either by paypal at Agedog1 or the address
below.

Gulf coast took a big hit with hurricane IVAN - we pray and say
affirmative blessing for them every day.

DH and I were out today and only had a pig problem.  Found pig returned
to owner -- thank god he only weighted 150 pounds!

All for now, more tomorrow

Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends of Indian River County
8775 20th Street, Lot 614