From:
Carla Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 17:21:11 -0500
It sounds like Sydney doesn't need a playmate!  But Mom and Dad are hit by
ferret math!  Well, our story was similar.  Stoney loved me, he didn't mind
being an only ferret.  But, he was going on 2 and we felt if we were going
to get another one, we should do it now.  (3 yrs ago) We took him o a
breeder/rescue in GA and let him play with older ferrets.  He had blast
with one little girl in particular out of about 10 ferrets.  Unfortunately,
she had an enlarged spleen and needed surgery.  So she wasn't actually
available, and we really had our hearts set on a new baby.  Enter Liu Kang
followed 2 months later by Inola.  Stoney loved them, but he remained a
people ferret and never really bonded with them.  Liu is not a ferret.
He's a dog ferret.  Doesn't like cats, other ferrets much, but adores
people preferably strangers and kids.  Inola loves everyone and everything
except other females.  We got Berlioz last summer.  He's Inola's baby.  And
now we have OP, an adult gift.  Stoney loved the warmth and companionship
of the other ferrets, but he didn't need them.  So, I feel he was happy
either way.