Date:
Tue, 26 May 1998 20:58:01 -0700
Stress:
I too have had a ferret so stressed over a new addition that it resulted in
diarrhea, vomiting, and refusal to eat.  When I first got Worf 2+ years ago,
my Katie (departed to Rainbow Bridge 3/14/98) got so ill I almost lost her.
And, it was NOT ECE!  Worf went to the OFA Christmas Party just hours after
I got him, and we stayed two days with my friend who had 4 ferrets at the
time, and NO ferrets that he came in contact with got sick; except Katie.
She had been an only ferret for 3 1/2 years, and my vet agreed that it was
stress due to having to share her solitary home after being alone for so
long.  Just remember..... "All that is green slime is not necessarily ECE."
I forget who said that first......

PetSmart:
I like PetSmart for the most part, but there is one small thing about them
that does make me just a bit confused and angry.  You can often find the
EXACT same toy in the cat isle for quite a bit LESS MONEY than the same toy
in the ferret isle.  The only difference is maybe the header on the plastic
bag.  So be sure you check the cat toys before spending the extra buck or
two for a picture of a ferret on the lable!

FLO ACTIVITY!
Well, I think little Phebe brought an updated FLO manual with her when I
brought her home.  She is still too small to do much damage, but Worf is
reaching new heights!  Tonight, for the first time EVER, Worf figured out
how to open the drawers on the dresser from underneath.  And there he was in
the top drawer... with nearly the entire top of the dresser cleared off.
The sterio was basically hanging on by it's cord.  Everything else ( except
the rolled up ferret poster) was either in one of the open drawers or on the
floor.  So my next project is to devise a ferret proof pannel for the bottom
of the dresser which will still allow the kids to have a hidey hole, but
prevent them from getting into the drawers.  Good thing I'm a passable
weekend carpenter!!

On the bright side, Phebe (And YES it is spelled PHEBE--- see Shakespears
"As you like it"---- and not PHOEBE)  is at a hit rate of 100% in the cage
and about 90% outside!!  She just got past the 1/2 lb mark too... she's
growing fast!!

Amy Evers
Worf (aka: The Velociweasel!) and little Phebe ( the .42 lb mighty-mite)
Still missing our sweet Katie.
"Here's Dookin' at You Kit!"