From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2010 17:50:54 +0300
Hello, FML --

There is no longer immodium or kaopectate in Ethiopia. My pharmacist
told me that no one is importing them because "-- - -- -" doesn't
support them. And "-- - -- - " doesn't support them because they are a
luxury -- we are supposed to treat the cause and not the symptoms.

If I understood correctly, "-- - -- - " is the World Heath Organization
(WHO). If it is not WHO, it is a branch of the gv't. Words fail me, for
once.

I have some immodium from the 80's. Do you know whether immodium is one
of the drugs that simply lose potency after the expiry date, rather
than turn toxic?

Second question. I have looked cheese up in the archives and it sounds
as though cheese is an ok snack food for ferets. Is it binding and a
possible way to reduce Rico's diarrhea?

In case you want it, here is the description of Rico's symptoms I gave
in an earlier post:

- - - - -
Rico's diarrhea continues, w no observable effect from 4 days of
Baytril and 3 of Fortiflora.

He is over six years old, and seems to have no other symptoms. Over the
past year he has gotten weak and then recovered a few times. Each time
we've see to it that he eats at short intervals and given amoxy for 3
weeks. Eating is no problem at all -- he is like a little machine when
you put his face over a bowl of soup.

The diarhea is mostly water, and a normal color. So I am going to try
to give him some mechanical relief.

Do you have any other ideas?