From:
Marie Coddens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 06:30:05 -0700
Hi Jules,

>is it really good for them?

Well, I believe it's the best you could ever give them!  I've started
giving mice (and other whole preys) to my ferrets about 2 years ago and
they're all extremely healthy, they have beautiful shiny coats, more
muscles and less fat than most kibble eating ferrets I have met.

>and how often should they get one..  once a month?..

I would say as often as possible!  I can only afford one prey per ferret
per day because only one pet store im my area has them, they don't come
cheap and I'm on a rather thight student budget.  If I could, I would
solely feed them whole preys (not only mice but also rats, chicks,
quails, rabbit etc.).  Bob Church makes a lot of good points in his
diet series and explains all the benefits of whole preys a lot better
than I ever could.

You can look for them in the archives of the FML -
http://listserv.cuny.edu/archives/ferret-search.html

Hope you will take the plunge and give it a try!
Cheers,
Marie
Germaine, Hector, Lolita & Wallace