From:
Pat Ball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 08:21:30 -0400
I know that most people are always ready for a party and the anniversary
party does sound like a wonderful idea.  I do have a suggestion or maybe
this is just a "What if.... idea." I'll let you be the judge of that.

What if..

All the ferret people on the FML and all others that we could contact, that
are not on the FML, could celebrate the anniversary of the FML with a march
and demonstration on Washington.  What if we could harness all this energy
direct our efforts, not just to the local, or even state jurisdictions, but
nationally.  Can you imagine a ferret freedom weekend on the capital steps?
Could we be ignored if we had thousands of body's congregated in the same
place?  Could we organize such a march?  Why not?  Ferrets have been
domesticated for thousands of years, yes, but is there really an awareness
of just how popular ferrets are today?  People can read the numbers, but it
just doesn't hit home unless you can actually visualize thousands of people
all in one place.  Maybe that's what we need.  To make the powers that be
aware of just how large our numbers really are.  Make them realize ferrets
are not just another fad that will go away in a few year, that ferrets are
here to stay.

This is just a little food for thought.