Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:46:52 GMT
When a garden/home store near my apartment went out of business, my ferrets
hit the jackpot.  We bought 100 pounds of loose millet seed for the birds
to eat this winter..but when I opened the bag, I realized that I was
looking at ferret heaven!  No points to poke into eyes like with rice, and
too small to create an intestinal obstruction like a dried bean.  Boy do my
girls love em!  I have a big plastic storage bin filled with the millet, so
I can put the lid on when I don't fell like getting millet stuck to the
bottom of my feet.

While I'm lucky enough to have 3 ferrets that I can give manicures all by
myself (Biscuit will just lay there and let me clip.)  My Binks, while a
wonderful ferret, and such a lover, when I do her nails she becomes the
anti-Christ!  (there's no better way to put that, I'm sorry) She squirms,
wriggles, bites, squeals, scratches, and when she escapes, she goes under
the bed, hides in the middle (we have a king sized bed, so we can't reach
her.) I can't clip her when she's asleep (she wakes up if I go too close to
the cage, she's a Momma's girl.) She only gets her nails done with the help
of my husband.  He has to scruff her and hold her front feet still, while I
hold her back end still, and clip with my other hand.  I am still hoping
that I can trick her into letting me do her nails without a ferret strait
jacket.

Signing off,

Melissa
Shiloh, Yappers, Binks and Biscuit