From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2012 18:16:20 +0300
Hello FML -

One of my vets, Dawit, said a family had baby weasels for a while --
the children had brought them home. Dawit gave the weasels some sort
of care, and I guess found them interesting. However, he said, the
situation didn't work out. The weasels got too aggressive as they aged.

Of course there could be any number of reasons for that, as we well
know, including that undomesticated weasels are totally unsuitable as
house animals.

I read in a guide to Ethiopia, that there is a weasel called the Libyan
(or other country name) striped weasel here. On the net, I only find
references to the African striped weasel, and they say it is the only
member of its genus, so I guess it's the same thing.

Here's something w a photo and text -- looks like a skunk. They say it
has a "slinky, snake-like gait." They also say it acts like a skunk
because it poofs.

It's said to be the smallest carnivore in Africa. It's about 10 to 14
inches long and weighs 8 to 13 ounces (225 to 350g). Pretty small!

<http://thewebsiteofeverything.com/animals/mammals/Carnivora/Mustelidae/Poecilogale/Poecilogale-albinucha.html>

<http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/classification/Poecilogale.html>