From:
Nancy Hartman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1993 23:12:01 -0400
RE:  FAQ's - I'm planning on writing a "general care" faq this summer for
my club due to some serious mis-information that I've been hearing
*VETS* are giving out.  Including a few easily avoidable deaths (i.e. the
story I told you recently about the ferret dying of aplastic anemia).
So I'll take that one, but you'll have to wait a month or two.  Until
then, why don't you just put the rough one on the listserv with a disclaimer
saying that it is a rough copy and not the official FAQ.

As to the medical FAQ, I think the best approach might be to just pull
some of the informative posts off the list for now.  We all have
differing views on things (case in point, the cushings discussion).  None
of them are wrong, just different.  If they are all compiled into one
file, then people can look over all of our points of view and then
make a decision.  It is at least a good alternative until someone
can find the time to write a FAQ up that we can all agree upon.

- Nancy

Nancy Hartman                                   CIS graduate student
[log in to unmask]                                U. of Delaware
        President and founder, Delaware Valley Ferret Club
          Owner of Percy, Bree, & Popcorn, the ferrets