From:
"Sandy, Michael & 'Tater' Schieman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 1995 16:37:42 -0500
Charles,

Don't worry about rolling over on your favorite beasties in the middle of
the night.  I don't claim to be a ferret expert - we've only had Tater for
two weeks now - but Mee Maw and I (Paw Paw) have found him to be a
delightful bed companion.  The first few nights he spent with us were mostly
spent in exploring the bedroom, checking things out and doing whatever it is
that ferrets do when people are trying to sleep.  I will never forget
Sandy's whoop (she's the Sandy of EMSSANDY) when Tater decided to run up
inside her nightgown at 3:00 AM.  I haven't seen the girl move so fast in
over thirty years.

For the last several nights, Tater has claimed his spot between us and
curled up between the blanket and spread.  Sandy sleeps on her back like a
cadaver but I am a flopper from way back.  Every time that I roll over and
threaten to invade Tater's chosen space, he reminds me that he is there with
a gentle nip at some appropriate part of my body.  Even though I don't
really wake up, I come into conciousness enough to know that Tater is about
to be flopped upon.  Tater is a quick little rascal and I've learned that he
will get out of my way in a heartbeat - and then resume his chosen spot.

I cannot speak for the experience of sleeping with four ferrets but I'm sure
that it can't be too different than sleeping with one.  The critters are
resilent and tough - they have to be.  Tater is living in a house with nine
cats, some of whom seem to think that he would make a deliscious snack.
We're still working on that.

As for having to be called away at the wee hours of the morning, don't worry
About that either. Once your fuzzies have claimed their rightful and proper
places in your bed, they will be quick to respond to all your erratic
nighttime behaviors.  Tater just rouses up enough to say, "Dang, that dude
sure goes to the bathroom a lot. Oh well, I still love him. I think he's
kinda neat. What the heck, I might just run up Mee Maw's nightgown again and
give her a thrill that Paw Paw has forgotten how to do."

In summary, sleep with your beasties. There is no greater feeling than
reaching over for your lady in the middle of the night and finding a ferret
lump between you. Heck, it's almost better than that three-letter word.

Peace,

Michael. (Tater's daddy, father of nine cats, three children, seven
grandchildren, Mee Maw's Paw Paw and Ceritfied, Card Carrying Old Fart.)

Woden: "Be vewwy, vewwy quiet, we're still hunting fewwet,"
Thor: "I give up. He sure is busy, but he's kinda cute."
Tater: "These are the funniest looking ferrets I ever saw!"
Sandy: "We still don't need another ferret."
Michael: "We're not talking about need, woman. We're talking about love."