From:
Donna & Daniel Christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 08:16:10 -0600
Went to Petco to pick up some treats for the ferrets, dog and rat, yes we
have those naked tailed thingys too.  When we checked out, Dan (hubby)
made a remark about the assortment of food we were purchasing, and yes we
had other animals here, more ferrets than other.  The woman, (cashier)
made the remark that, well just as long as "the children" are being taken
care of, and I thought it to be an odd comment.  While writing out the
check for about $77 , I told her, that we had a 25 year old, that was
pretty capable of taking care of herself, and left it at that.

Well, in phone conversation, this morning, with a friend, I told her
about the remark and her suggestion was this, for the next time.

No, Department of Social Services is taking care of the kids, and I
chimed in with "Do you take food stamps?'

Why on earth, would this woman even venture to think I would deny
my children care, for my animals, I would deny myself, but never my
children or my furried ones.