From:
Shawn Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 02:19:39 -0600
We are hoping that one of the more knowledgable ferret experts on the FML
can figure out why one of our kids has some unusual markings.  Rikki is a
6 to 9 month old sable who has come into his first winter coat, he is a
rescue so we have no background on him, he is not a MF.  Until he came into
his winter coat he looked like a normal sable, now he has a pronounced
white ring around the base of his tail and his mask is two tone with the
normal dark around the eyes and drooping toward his nose, the area between
his eyes is much lighter, almost like a cinnamon.  His health is excellent,
we just find his marking odd.  Thanks for any ideas on why he has become a
"Ring-Tailed" ferret.

Shawn & Ron (Input/output technicians)              Latka, Simka,
Tigger, Kanga, Onion, Pooh, Slinky & Rikki-Tiki-ohwhattastytoes