From:
Judi Clausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 19:32:10 EST
Hello everyone,
I am new to the list and am so glad to find so many knowledgeable
Ferret-people!  I know if I stick around and read the posts I am bound
to learn a lot.  I just got my [first] 2 babies in December.

I almost hate to ask something so trivial, after reading so many posts
from folks with problems with sick ferrets.  But could you guys help me
out here with some ideas for treats?  One of my babies, Jennifer, likes
Ferratone, but my little guy, Jamie, turns up his nose at it!  And
everything else that I've tried to give him for a treat, - raisons, green
peppers, apples, carrots, cereal.  I even tried buying a fairly expensive
[supposedly] treat at the local pet store, Brown's Chicken Jerky, but
evidently it is not a treat for him, - he took one sniff & wouldn't touch
it.  He eats his regular ferret food [Marshall's'] fine, but I am trying
to find something that he LOVES to use as a training aid, but evidently
he is a very picky little boy!  I read in several ferret books that all
Ferrets love Ferratone and raisons, but not this guy!

I am open to any and all suggestions! Thank you!
Judi in Virginia