Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 1980 06:51:16 -0500
A friend of mine came over the other day with her 4 year old son who is
mentally retarded.  Our ferret DID NOT run from him or even try to play
(dance around) with him.  He stayed very calm and let the boy touch him and
inspect him.  The boy kept saying "cat" and laughing.  That was the first
time I had EVER heard the boy say anything!!  I just couldn't beleive the
ferret didn't run from him as he hides from most small children that visit
my home.  I was touched how Sosha was so kind and loving to this boy.  He
stayed out the entire time the boy was in my house!  He never spends more
than an hour or two at a time out of his sleeping spots.  I am still in awe
over this.  Also, I am building Sosha a play house.  Is there any kind of
wood I should stay away from?  I keep reading about pine chips, I was just
wondering if I could build a play house out of pine.

Thanks,  Kathy and sweet Sosha

PS After all the responces and help I recived on all the posts I have ever
made I feel no one here is a stranger.  We all have one common love and we
all help each other.  I keep seeing people talking about "strangers" on the
FML posts but I see no strangers here.