From:
Darrin Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 23:34:52 +1000
[Moderator's note: This looks like a reply to a response Darrin received
off-list, but I can't quote the author's text because I don't know for
sure who said what.  BIG]

If it sounds half like a "coo", like a pigeon coo, and half like a
"sigh", then it is most likely snoring ( IMHO)

we have several ferrets (especially one) who snore..

It sounds cute... but does get annoying, like any snorer does..LOL ( I
know..cause I snore..<grin>)

but , well I have never heard it explained as "like a coo" ,... but if
you mean pigeons..  yes..  that's what ours sound like too..  ( sort
of..) with a slight, "sigh" sound.

so.. I think yep!, snoring..

of course, as in humans, chronic snoring can indicate other problems....
but it hasn't indicated anything else in ours yet..(other then sleeping
on the wrong side, or sleeping under/over others.)

So most often simply rolling them over will fix it.. as it does in most
humans..

if it persists, and your ferret otherwise behaves strangle ( needing much
more sleep, or irritable) then you may want to see a vet..

snoring in humans can be bought on by the "cold" or common flu", for
example... does he sneeze more then usual or have discharge from the
nose ?

if not, I would probably not be too concerned..  But that is only my
experience and I am no expert, just a ferret owner of some years..

Darrin