From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:24:13 EDT
::Somewhere in the hills of TN, one can smell the distant smell of
something burning fiercly...::

Bob?  ::Waving my hand at the screen emphatically, Wolfy-style:: I have
questions!  Not very intelligent ones and perhaps even annoying ones.
But I have them none-the-less.

- First, do you know, who was it that likened the level of ferret
intelligence to that of small primates?  Was that a comparison someone
made from observation from working with both species, was it yours or
another experts opinion, or is there evidence of this?  If so,
specifically what evidence?

- Second, what species of small primates for example?  I'm wondering
because I have zero experience with them.  I just had a remarkable
experience with two little tamarins this week... and I was shocked to
see their problem solving (how to open and get food out of a bottle, how
to try to unlock the door), and even their attempt of communication
physically (close proximity and reaching out with their hand to my hand),
vocally (directing a host of vocalizations at me when I appeared), and
even with eye contact (not just exploring my face, but seemingly reading
my eyes).  I didnt' expect it.  What I remember of seeing very tiny
primates in a zoo is them just ... pretty much climbing around.  I didn't
remember seeing such spark and signs of intelligence ( i was young and
dont remember what kind).

- Fifth... KIDDING.... third, how do people observe, test, and record
evidence of intelligence in animals?  Do they look at brain formation
and size?

- And lastly do you know if other mustelids have had their intelligence
measured in some way that might can be compared in this situation?

       BOOM!

:: A small mushroom cloud is seen over the hills of Chattanooga....::

Wolfy

Win the White Russian Quilt!
http://help4adv.terrabox.com/WRMQ.html
Wolfy's site has MOVED to: