From:
markos moulitsas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 1995 16:08:35 -0600
There have been some questions on ferret litterbox habits. Although this
suggestion may be obvious to most of you, it took me a while to figure out.

I am a relatively new owner of an 8-month-old female sable who (because of
endless self-imposed guilt trips) can now roam my one-bedroom apartment at
will.  As some of you may gather, she then declared open season on most of
my apartment's corners.  Yet, I have learned that her litterbox hit rate is
vastly improved by simply keeping her litterbox as clean as possible.  In
fact, every time that I pass her box I scoop out whatever business she has
done, and I am rewarded with a cleaner apartment.

However, if I put in a particularly long day at school and work, I make
certain that I check all her favorite corners. A dirty litterbox almost
certainly guarantees she'll find somewhere else to conduct her business.

--Markos