From:
Beth Kerr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 01:30:53 -0700
Dear Annoyed,
I have no doubt that this will be among several replies that you receive,
along with the note from BIG.  But honestly.  You CHOOSE to receive and
read the FML.  If you don't like it, cancel your subscription, and let
the rest of us enjoy in peace.

>I had a ferret who died and miss him a lot still, so I know how many of
>you feel, but don't you think it's going just a little far to talk about
>the rainbow bridge and talk as if they were your children?  I have a
>child and I have pets that are like a part of the family, but it is
>still not the same thing as an actual child.  Nor could a ferret ever
>replace a child.  I think some people are a little fanatical on this
>board if you don't mind me saying so.

Yes, we DO mind you saying so.  Some people here don't have human kids,
so their pets are their kids.  They grieve the death of their furry kids
as anyone else would that of a human.  No one has ever suggested that an
animal takes the place of a human child.

>When I joined this email list I thought it was to just get information
>about health issues with ferrets..."

You thought wrong.  Again, there is an option to unsubscribe.  (here is
the address to do so: [log in to unmask]

>...and also to adopt ferrets out that need homes and so forth...

There are posts every day regarding this matter.

>...but so many people are posting endless things that have little to do
>with the purpose of this group.  I can never read it all because so many
>people are posting things about dead ferrets that it takes up a lot of
>unneccesary time just reading those things."

Again, no one is forcing you to read every article.  The purpose of the
list is everything to do with ferrets, not just what you think it should
be.  And, you are directly insulting the moderator of this list, a
tireless man, Bill Gruber (thanks BIG).

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  I am not personally religous and
don't tend to believe in an afterlife.  But, I find the thought of the
Rainbow Bridge comforting when I think of my lost ferret.  Would it make
you feel better if we called it Heaven?  If you want to ask medical
questions, join the FHL.  It is very straight forward and to the point.
As for the rats and mice issue--it is thought that a whole meat diet is
better for ferrets.  Some agree, some don't, some can't stomach the
thought.  Does the entire animal kingdom offend you?  Since, after all,
it is just a great circle of life.

Beth and the Gang
Maybe, Alciabides, CT, and Lucifer
 ...and The Dude, who crossed over the Rainbow on 12/31/01
"Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop
there is not enough.  We have a higher mission - to be of service to them
wherever they require it." -- St. Francis of Assisi

Your Actions Can Help!
Support Strong Environmental Protections
http://www.care2.com/go/z/2532

[Moderator's note: Beth, thanks for vote of support, but "Silly" really
does not insult me.  People expressing their honest opinions are much
appreciated -- I'm not insulted by that at all.  (Heck, if I was insulted
easily the FML is the last thing I should to be doing! ;-))  BIG]