From:
moulitsas markos chr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 May 1996 10:14:46 -0500
Whenever I take my Zoe out for walks or romps in the park, I almost
inevitably get approached by people asking questions about ferrets and
asking if they could pick her up or hold her.

Now, I don't mind answering questions, and most people who pick her up hand
her back within a few seconds.  Yet, I am sometimes approached by people I
simply do not like the looks of, and make me feel uneasy.  Also, I have had
problems with people not handing her back quickly enough to suit my taste.

So, how should I handle these situations.  I know that I can simply say "no"
when certain people ask to hold her, and I have done so in the past.  But, I
feel that ferrets already have enough negative baggage to deal with, and I
don't want to add to it by coming off as a rude ferret person.

If anyone has a polite and diplomatic way to deal with these situations I
would love to hear it.  Zoe is the sweetest creature on this earth, and a
great ferret ambassador to humankind.  I don't want to subvert her charms by
coming off as a jerk.  Thanks.

Markos and Zoe (She yells," Joy dance?  I'm a vicious warrior!" as she trips
over a speaker cable, backs up into the end table, falls off the couch and
unexpectedly pauses to scratch that oh so annoying itch on her back end.)

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]