From:
Stephenie Baas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 14:38:39 +0100
Hi All

I have had ferret for many years, as a child in Australia, and here in
Holland for going on 25 years, I have lost so many to causes unknown,
ok I have the bad habit of taking in the ones that are sick and can't
be re homed, but as the years progress I have been able to give more kids
a longer and better life, why?  Because we have learned so much more
through necropsy.  My ferrets always go for necropsy then on to the
crematorium, I love them dearly but they are gone and if the body
they have left behind can pave the way for a better life for the next
generation then maybe one day ferrets will live a long and healthy life,
until then I will love my ferrets dearly and give them everything they
need when they live

I will hold them in my hart when they are gone but will also hold in mind
that if necropsy can help the next ferret, then it must be done, and as
to when it's time to use euthanasia, when you observe your ferrets and
know their face and body language, well they will let you know when they
have had enough, it's a special look that you learn to recognize and need
to respect.

Stephenie