From:
Matt and Sara Byk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 12:55:06 -0400
Look!  Look!  I'm saying all I have to say in ONE post!  Are you guys
proud or what?  ;)

We use rabbit pellets (the food kind) for cat and ferret litter.  Clay
litter isn't good for cats for the same reasons it's not good for ferrets.
It has to be cleaned often because it's organic, so rots quickly - once a
day does it for us.  (The cats get a thin layer in the bottom of the pan.)

How To Litter-Train Your Ferret:

1) Stockpile contact paper in a non-ferret-reachable area, like...um...oh.
   Nevermind, just stockpile it.
2) Give ferrets run of dwelling for one week.  Clean NO poopies during this
   time.
3) At end of week, search dwelling carefully for poopie piles.  Clean, then
   cover area liberally with contact paper.  Be sure to extend paper up and
   out FAR upper and outer than you think the ferret will ever make poopies.
4) Incorporate into your morning ritual the Cleaning Of The Contact Paper.
   Be alert for non-paper-subsidized poopie piles.  Add liberal amounts of
   paper to these areas.
5) Eventually, your entire house will become coated with contact paper from
   waist-level down. So you might as well skip steps 1-4 and just do it now!

And finally, I spotted a ferret on RugRats!  Was watching my video, "A
RugRats Vacation," and you know the part where they get up on stage by
jumping into the magician's boxes?  There's a ferret in one of them!  It
shows fert in box, fert being held by baby, fert dooking across the screen
with poofed tail, and fert attached to an adult leg at about knee level.
Soooo...which staffperson has one at home?  =) Was very excited, I thought
all you ppls were silly talking about "ferret sightings" but now I
understand.  ;D  (Yes, the rewind button was used several times.)

Thassit.  Laters!

-Sara.